We are only two days from the Earth First! Cascadia Bioregional Rendezvous!Folks from BC to Norcal are gathering this Wednesday for five days of workshops, woods games, resistance, rowdy fires and Summer Solstice revelry. See you in the woods!
A few notes from our hardworking Regional Rondy organizers:
*Be sure to bring snacks for yourself and food donations for the kitchen. There is a communal kitchen …but you are part of the community…
*If you are reading these directions, you are probably driving to site. Do you have an open seat? Please post to our rideshare board.
*There are no gas stations in the last 30 miles en route.
*There is a good chance your cell phone will NOT work on site. Come prepared and present!
Alllrighty, now for the much anticipated directions.
Directions: The closest town on Hwy-26 is Elsie, OR. Once off the pavement, most roads do not have road signs. There will be paper dinner plates saying “Rondy” at each turn & orange flagging every 1/2 mile along the way. When in doubt, stay on the most traveled roads. Flagging and signs start after you leave the pavement.
From I-5 North of Portland: (site is less than 2 hours from Portland)
1. Take exit for 405 toward Portland City Center
2. Go west on Hwy 26 for approx. 64.4 mi.
3. Turn left at OR-53, 10 miles past Elsie, OR. General store/gas station at corner. START TRIP METER/ODOMETER HERE!
4. In 1.2 mi, turn left at Hamlet Rd. Paved and signed.
5. In 5.6 mi (6.8), turn left at sign for Jean’s Boarding Kennel onto gravel road. This feels like you’re turning into someone’s driveway. Continue up hill and into horrific clear cut (this cut is on private land)
6. In ~.9 mi (7.68), leave clear cut, going straight through 4 way intersection and up hill.
7. In ~.6 mi (8.00), stay straight. DO NOT bear right and go down hill
8. In ~ .7 mi (8.6), turn right at T intersection.
9. In .4 mi (9.0), pass through blue gate (in .2 mi see terrible clear cut view on left)
10. In .4 (9.4) mi Bear Right
11. In .5 (9.9) mi Bear Right (top of long hill)
12. In .6 mi (10.5), Road turns 90° to the right and goes down hill. Take 2nd left in front of large clear cut hill. In .1 mi, pass gravel pit
13. In .5 mi (11), At 2nd gravel pit, take a left at 1st fork, then immediate right. Continue straight through tree plantation.
14. In ~ 1.4 mi (12.4), Bear left at fork. In .4 mi you will pass through downed & cut tree. Continue on main road.
15. In ~ 1.7 mi (14.1) take right fork at white marker that says ‘Kessler Rdg’. Go down hill.
16. In ~ 2.1 mi (16.2) after crossing small creek bear right. Pass large gravel pit on right. Cross small river.
17. In ~ 1 mi (17.2) Just after crossing river, turn right at T intersection. Look for Welcome Table.
18. Welcome to the Rondy!
* Camping is ~.4mi on right
* Parking is ~.6mi on the left in obvious large clearing.
From I-5 South of Portland:
1. Take I-5N to exit 292A to merge onto OR-217 N (this is in about 98 mi from when you get onto I-5 in Eugene)
2. In about 7.5 mi follow signs to Hwy 26 W, you will be on that for just under 60 mi.
3. Once on Hwy 26 W, follow directions above from step 2.
BIKING FROM EUGENE:
I recommend 101 on the coast to OR-53, then turn right on N. Fork Rd (N. Fork Rd. is ideal for bikes, you only need to go a couple of miles on dirt roads) You can get detailed directions for bikes on Google maps if you type in N. Fork Rd., Seaside OR, then hit the bike preference. This route on the map ends at the site pretty much.
BIKE DIRECTIONS FROM Hwy 53:
* Turn right on N. Fork Road, you might have to cross a closed gate.
* In about 4 miles, hang a left to get to Rendezvous site. Right would take you over a small bridge, and there will be a road closed ahead sign on the left ofthe intersection. Also it will be flagged. And as a plus there isn’t really any hills until this point.
May the forest bewitch you,